Whirlpool is one of the most popular washing machine brands not only in the United States but also in other developed countries. Cabrio is one of the most selling washing machine models of Whirlpool brand. It is renowned for cleaning clothes. You can wash your kid’s dirty jerseys to your partner’s stinky socks effectively by the Cabrio model washer. Besides, this model needs comparatively less troubleshooting. However, it may face unusual noise, not spinning or leaking problems. But like other appliances you can troubleshoot whirlpool cabrio washer problems easily without spending extra repair costs.
You can skip common function problems easily by resetting your whirlpool washer. But for mechanical or electrical faults, Whirlpool offers online troubleshooting tips along with other product information. Many problems are simple and you can easily fix them without spending for the technician. In the below, I have discussed possible problems with repairing tips.
Washer won’t start
- Is the internal electric outlet getting power? So, check and determine that it is getting power. If the outlet is not getting power, check main circuit breaker or fuses.
- If the timer is misdiagnosed, it may result in a starting problem. Check all other commonly defective parts before replacing the timer. Take the manual and look at the diagram carefully. Then test the timer for its continuity with a multimeter. If the problem happens for timer replace it.
- Check the user control and display board whether it is OK or defective. Press the buttons of the control board. If some of the buttons work but others don’t then you must change the control and display board. Apart from that, if the display is not working, check the power between user control and display board. If you find both user control and display are getting power but not working, replace it.
- Check the line fuse for its continuity. If the line fuse blows, whirlpool cabrio washer won’t turn on. Use a multimeter to test its continuity. If you find the fuse has blown away, replace it.
- Door lock secures the washer by shutting down the door when it operates. If the door is not latched shut properly, your washer won’t start. So check it properly. If you get any problems with door lock and door switch, replace them.
- Your washer may not start if the main control board is defective. But is a rare case. So, check all other possible commonly defective parts before replacing it.
Washer won’t spin
- When the lid is open, lid switch prevents washer from spinning. Again, the failure of lid switch assembly results spinning problem. That’s why check your lid switch for continuity. If you find problems with the lid switch, replace it.
- Check your drive belt properly. If the drive belt is broken or loose on the pulleys, your washer won’t spin. So, replace it if you find the drive belt is broken or loose.
- The door latch ensures the door shut properly. Once the door is latched shut properly, your washer will work properly. If the door is not latched shut, the door switch will prevent the washer from working. So, determine, your door latch is OK. If you notice that the door lock is defective, you must change it.
- This may happen for motor control board. If there is problem with motor control board, your washer may not work. So, determine your motor control board is providing power to the motor. If the motor control board is getting power but not passing power to the motor, replace it.
Washer won’t agitate
- If you find your washer isn’t agitating, you can solve this problem by replacing agitator kit. Agitator kit contains components that are likely to wear out. If any component is damaged, replace the kit.
- If the drive block or bell is worn out, the transmission shaft may move back and forth but agitator only moves slightly or won’t move at all. So, if the problems with drive block or bell, replace it.
- Broken drive belt or loosen on the pulleys may prohibit to agitate your machine. If you haven’t already checked drive belt, check and determine it is not broken or loosen on the pulleys. If you find any problem with drive belt, replace it with a newer one.
- Due to overload, motor coupling fails to connect between motor and transmission and it prevents whirlpool cabrio washer not to agitate. Motor Coupling may also worn out for normal usages but it is rare. So, inspect the motor coupling and replace it if it is necessary.
Washer won’t drain
- Small objects can enter into the drain pump and prevent it to work. So, remove the drain pump and look for any obstacles. If you find anything that is preventing washer to drain, remove them clearly. Besides, if you find no obstacle inside the drain pump but it is not working, replace it with a new one.
- Socks or other small particles can enter into the drain system and can clog hose or pump itself. That’s why remove hose and clean any obstructions that are creating problems.
- Lid switch is needed to be worked properly for continuity of washers. If it is defective, your whirlpool washer won’t drain. So, check the continuity of Lid switch and replace it if needed.
Washer vibrating or shaking
- Shock Absorber reduces the vibration of washtub. Your washer may shake if one or more shock absorber is broken. So, inspect the shock absorber for any damage and replace all if you find at least one damaged shock absorber.
- Suspension rods dampen the movement of the washer tub. It one or more suspension rods are broken, your whirlpool washer will vibrate or shake. So, check for broken suspension road and replace if necessary.
- Counterbalance springs absorb the movement of washer tub. Broken counterbalance spring may result in vibration or shaking. That’s why check for broken counterbalance spring and replace it.
- Suspension spring absorbs the movement of the washtub. Broken suspension spring may create vibration or shaking problem. So, check for any broken suspension spring and replace it.
- If laundry room’s floor is not level, your washing machine will vibrate. So, you must adjust washing machine legs to stop vibration. Besides, a damp floor causes vibration and washer walking.
Washer leaking water
- Drain pump cleans out dirty water through the drain hose. If the drain pump is damaged, cracked or drain pump bearing is worn out, drain pump may leak water. Drain pump is not repairable. So, replace it if necessary.
- A torn door boot seal results in water leaking. If the boot seal is torn, replace it with a newer one.
- Your washer may leak from the drain hose. This problem occurs between the pump and the back of the washer. Sometimes, the hose rubs against itself and create a leaking problem. So, inspect the drain hose for any leakage and replace it.
Whirlpool Cabrio washer overflowing problem
- Your Whirlpool washer may overflow if the inlet water valve is defective. Shut down the power connection while it is filling water. If it continues water filling while it’s not getting power, it indicates that the water inlet valve is defective. Replace it if you find a defective water inlet valve.
- If the water reaches a certain water level, Pressure Switch shuts off power to the water inlet valve to stop water filling. If the pressure switch fails, inlet valve continues water filling that causes overflowing. Before replacing the pressure switch, you must check the air tube and ensure that it is clear of debris and not leaking water.
- Water inlet valve needs at least 20 psi pressure to shut off properly. If water inlet valve doesn’t get proper water pressure from the house water supply it may not close fully even after the power is shut off. That’s why you must ensure proper home water pressure to avoid overflowing.
Washer is making loud noise
- Tub bearing helps the inner washer tub to spin smoothly. If the tub bearing is defective, your washer may sound loud. Replacing tub bearing needs disassembling most of the washer. That’s why I recommend replacing both defective bearing and the outer tub at a time.
- Worn out, cracked, loose or bent drive pulley let washer to sound loud. That’s why inspect the drive pulley with care. If you find defective pulley, replace it.
- Drive belt can be dry out and start to crack or burn with time growing that lets washer to create a loud sound. So, inspect the drive belt and replace it if necessary.
- Motor coupling makes a bridge between the motor and the washer transmission. An overloaded washer fails to protect the motor and transmission that results in loud sound. Inspect the motor coupling and replace it.
Washer fills slowly or will not fill at all
- Your Whirlpool washer needs at least 20 psi water pressure to function properly. If the water pressure of house supply is low, your water may fill slowly or will not fill at all. So, you should ensure necessary water supply pressure to solve water filling problem.
- Water inlet valve allows water to enter into the washing machine. A defective inlet valve let washer fill slowly or not fill at all. Firstly, ensure sufficient water pressure to solve this problem. If the water pressure is sufficient, clean the screens inside the water inlet valve hose connection ports. If the problem still continues, replace the water inlet valve.
Washer stops mid cycle
- Door lock secures washer by shutting during operation. The washer can operate when the door is closed. If the door is not latched shut properly, door switch prevents washer to operate. A defective door lock may stop washer in the mid-cycle. Door lock may fail both electrically or mechanically. So, inspect for defective door lock and replace it if necessary.
- If lid is open, lid switch prevents washer to spin. If the lid switch assembly fails electrically or mechanically, your washer may stop in the mid-cycle. Use a multimeter to test lid switch assembly. If you find defective lid switch assembly, replace it.
- Water inlet valve opens to allow water to enter during the rinse cycle. If water inlet valve fails, it continues water filling and can stop mid-cycle. Use a multimeter to test the continuity of water inlet valve. If there is no continuity, replace it.
- Washer main control board controls every functions of the washer. If the main control board fails, your washer may stop in the mild cycle. But it a rare fault for this problem. That’s why check all other commonly defective parts before replacing it.
The above mentioned Whirlpool Cabrio washer problems are very common. But their troubleshooting is easy. In most of the cases, you can fix your Whirlpool washer in your house by yourself without being an expert. If you need any spare parts, you must collect and use them from manufacturer authorized shops. It will give you durability and the highest performance. Besides, you may face some major problems rarely. In this situation, I suggest you not to disassemble your washer at home. Rater, you should go to a renowned repair shop.