Shifting home and wondering, can a dishwasher fits in an SUV? Don’t worry because we’ve got your back.
Dishwashers have become an essential need over the last decade. Our lives got busier, and we started depending on valuable machinery like dishwashers to perform regular chores that take most of the time.
Trust me; you don’t have to feel wrong about depending on dishwashers; nobody can imagine washing dishes after an exhausting day. Imagine you had a dozen guests for dinner; there. ‘s an office tomorrow, and a pile of dishes awaits in the kitchen.
Of course, dishwashers save the day!
To answer your queries about whether the dishwasher fits in an SUV or not, this article will prove highly beneficial. Happy Reading!
Can a dishwasher fit in an SUV?
Before asking whether a dishwasher fits in an SUV or not, make sure it’s portable. We prefer customers to buy portable dishwashers, especially if they regularly shift from one house to another.
Whether the dishwasher fits in an SUV depends on the size of the dishwasher and SUV. Just like dishwashers, SUVs come in different sizes. Before placing the dishwasher in the SUV, take all measurements.
Dishwashers are relatively heavy, and it’s hard to shift them from one place to another. Measure the dishwasher from left to right, top of the back.
Don’t forget to read the manual, ensuring it will be set upright or side or back. It determines its placement in the SUV, but you’ve to note down the interior space of the SUV, including the opening back.
When taking down measurements, make sure you add the size of dishwasher padding and bubble wrap, and if it’s a box, measure it as well.
Can a dishwasher fit in a Prius?
A dishwasher can fit a Prius if the unit isn’t too large for the car. It would help if you ensured that Prius is spacious enough for the dishwasher to lay on its side.
Before loading the dishwasher in Prius, take unit measurements, including the box, padding, and bubble wrap.
Can a dishwasher fit in a minivan?
Once you remove the third-row seats of a minivan, the dishwasher easily fits in a minivan, but if you don’t do so, the dishwasher won’t in a minivan. Minivans are versatile for hovering and loading large appliances. 2-3 normal-size dishwashers can easily fit in by removing folding seats.
Can a dishwasher fit in a sedan?
Yes, a dishwasher can fit in a Sedan, but if you have one of those vast dishwashers, please don’t try forcefully adjusting it in the sedan to avoid damage.
What is the average weight of a dishwasher?
On average, a dishwasher wrights 77 pounds which are 35 kg. Some dishwashers may weigh 50 pounds too. It proves that dishwashers are heavy; hence it’s not a single man’s job to transport dishwashers from one place to another.
Is it OK to transport a dishwasher on its back?
Not all dishwashers can be transported on their back. While heavy dishwashers are preferably laid on their back during transportation, some dishwashers are on the side. But heavy dishwashers should apply on the back. Nonetheless, make sure to check the manufacturer manual to avoid mishandling.
It’s OK to transport a dishwasher on its back if it’s heavy.
Is it OK to lay a dishwasher on its side while transporting?
No, laying a dishwasher in it while transporting is not OK. Applying the dishwasher on the back or keeping it upright would be best.
How to transport a dishwasher?
You’ve to transport a dishwasher with extreme care. Make sure you handle it well to ensure it works appropriately after reinstallation. Here are some tips for your guidance to transport a dishwasher easily.
- Used dishwashers need a thorough cleaning before transportation to prevent the growth of bacteria and molds. Use a clean cloth, mild soap/detergent, and bleach water to clean the interior. Dry it with a dry towel or cloth to ensure there’s no leftover water residue that could drip otherwise.
- Disconnect power, supply cords, and water lines. Unhook waterlines after disconnecting the water supply to your home. You’d need a screwdriver to remove screws connecting valves.
- Remove dishware, top and lower racks, trays, and baskets inside the unit. Pack them separately with an additional layer of padding to avoid damage. Both padding and bubble wrap will help against scratching and damage.
- Wrap the dishwasher in blankets and padding from the bottom to the sides with secure packing tape on the edges.
- Don’t apply tape directly on the dishwasher surface else; it’d ruin the finish. Always use padding with tape or extra towels as they’re readily available.
- After proper covering, load the dishwasher in the dolly per convenience. Don’t load the dishwasher single-handedly, as they’re pretty heavy.
- Roll the dishwasher-loaded dolly to the SUV, or you could use a loading ramp and thick tie.
- Slowly and carefully lift the unit and slide it on the back of the SUV or truck.
- Drive carefully throughout the journey to prevent it from moving around. If using a pickup truck, tie the dishwasher on both sides.
Are dishwashers lightweight?
No, dishwashers are not lightweight. Ideally, a single person can’t handle and transport the dishwasher.
Dishwashers weigh from 50 lbs to 80 lbs depending on size. Dishwasher size matters most while transporting, making it a challenging endeavor. Use dolly, rope, and straps for moving a dishwasher.
Can you transport a dishwasher in a car?
Suppose a car has enough space to adjust a dishwasher; why not! You can transport a dishwasher in a vehicle. However, the dishwasher won’t fit in a compact or hatchback car, making it possible to make the transportation without damaging the unit.
Dishwashers are already too heavy, and some need to be transported on their sides. Some dishwashers contain refrigerants, internal compressors, or electrical components, making it difficult to move them in a car.
It would be best to use a spacious car or SUV to transport the dishwasher; otherwise, you’d void the warranty by causing significant damage that could’ve been easily avoided.
How to drain a dishwasher before moving?
Here’s how you can drain a dishwasher:
- Remove all dishes and silverware, including the bottom dishwasher rack, for easy access to the machine.
- Turn off the electricity connected to the dishwasher and garbage disposal
- Remove standing water in the unit using a dry towel
- Check the drain hose linking the dishwasher and garbage disposal
- Remove the drain hose using pliers