We always try to buy the best washing machine. But sometimes we remain ignorant about how to clean a washing machine. We hardly think that it also needs cleaning. Obviously, Washing Machine is a daily part of our house. At the time of cleaning clothes by washing machine we put soap and clothes and after a while, we take out clean clothes.
Many of my friends have asked me to write an epic article about how to clean a washing machine. I am a busy man and don’t get enough time to write. So, I think this is the perfect time to write an article how to clean a washing machine.
How to Clean a Washing Machine?
Actually, I had been using a washing machine for two years. I regularly clean it when it needs. So, it is the perfect time to share the cleaning process of a washing machine before you guys. I’m going to illustrate it step by step. (At this moment I haven’t enough time to capture the photo of my washer. So, I have collected photo from Apartment Therapy)
What You Needed
- Baking Soda
- Bleach or White Vinegar (I used vinegar, as I always try to avoid the usage of bleach in household cleaning)
- Microfiber Cloth
1. At first, fill the washer using the highest load size, hottest water setting, and longest wash.
2. Next, just open the lid and as the washer tub fills, add a quart of white vinegar (or bleach).
Yes, I have used vinegar as I have said previously, as it will disinfect the washer without the toxins in bleach.
3. Now add a cup of baking soda.
Close the lid and keep the washer to agitate for about a minute. Now open the lid again and let the water, vinegar, and baking soda to soak in the washer tub for an hour.
4. Remove any parts you can and soak them and clean nooks and crannies under the lid.
Now, smoothly soak and scrub removable parts like the bleach and fabric softener wells. Next, dry thoroughly and replace them. You may use a toothbrush to clean the upper portion of the. Don’t close the lid but clean the front part of the machine.
5. Close the lid and allow the cycle to complete.
After an hour close the lid and let to complete the cycle. At the same time, you can clean the top of the washing machine, the dials, and console with the vinegar solution.
They may have to residue loosened and lost in the first time. So, you should run more than one hot wash with a quart of vinegar.
7. Drain the water, wipe the sides and bottom of the tub with vinegar solution to remove the last residue.
You can keep the lid open between uses that will extend the cleanliness of your washer. This process lets interior and prevents mildew.
Finally, one thing I just want to say, in this article how to clean a washing machine, I have portrayed my own method. Don’t think it’s from an expert. I have been using this process for two years. You may choose my method or ask an expert for the suggestion.