Being a new mom is challenging, especially amidst all the bacteria and viruses that have emerged in the current era. Our first and foremost priority as moms is to keep our baby’s milk bottles clean and free from any bacteria. CAN DR. BROWN BOTTLES BE CLEANED IN THE DISHWASHER?
Which raises questions like “are Dr. Brown bottles dishwasher safe?” or, in fact, questions about any milk bottles. The answer to all your worries is that yes, all, especially Dr. Brown bottles are dishwasher safe, but some instructions need to be followed before placing the bottles in the dishwasher.
Are Dr. Brown Bottles Dishwashers Safe?
Yes, they are absolutely dishwasher safe; however, it is ideal to follow certain steps if you own Dr. Brown Bottles in order to clean them thoroughly because if your baby is less than three months old, then keeping their Dr. Brown milk bottles sterilized is crucial.
- The first important step is that since you want to be extra careful with your baby, you should pre-clean the bottles first and then place them in the dishwasher so there is no chance for any residue to be left behind.
- Removing dry milk residue can ensure easy and fast cleaning
- Another vital pointer is to place the bottles in the top rack of the dishwasher and not the bottom in order to prevent the Dr. Brown Bottles from melting due to the heating rods present at the bottom sides of the dishwasher, which is why Dr. Brown Bottles have recommended to ‘load the bottles in the top rack of your dishwasher
- Additionally, setting the temperatures of the dishwasher to a higher temperature will ensure that all bacteria are removed and that the bottles are fresh and clean for reuse.
- To ensure proper cleaning, disassembling all the bottle parts and placing them separately can allow water sprays within the dishwasher to clean Dr. Brown Bottles properly without you having to go at it again.
- Make sure that the dishwashing detergent you use is mild and does not leave a residue on the bottles as it may cause more harm to your baby.
Adhering to these steps will surely keep your baby’s Dr. Brown Milk bottles clean and sterilized. Dr. Brown Bottles are meant to bring your convenience, and as a new mom, it is difficult to take out the time to wash the bottles again and again.
So simply placing the bottles in the top rack of the dishwasher can make your life easy and let you spend more happy time with your precious baby.
Alternative Way to Clean Dr. Brown Bottles
While cleaning Dr. Brown’s Bottles in the dishwasher is the convenient and easy thing to do, there are other equally effective methods to opt for in case you do not own a dishwasher.
With the rising inflation, buying dishwashers can become a more tremendous hassle; hence we have jotted down a few alternatives yet equally effective methods for you to make sure that your baby’s bottle is squeaky clean.
Method 1: Boil the Bottles!
The easiest and most convenient way for our super moms is to boil the bottles. How can you do this, you might ask? It is simple.
- The first step is to disassemble the bottle, which essentially means placing the teat, the bottle, the cap, the vent set, and the travel disc separately so that everything can be appropriately cleaned without leaving any residue behind
- The second thing is to fill the pot with enough water so that all the bottles are thoroughly immersed in water.
- Place the pot on medium to high heat until the water starts boiling. This should take about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Once you see the water boiling, place all the components of Dr. Brown Bottles into the pot and let it boil for 10 minutes.
- After this step, remove the pot from the heat and let the bottles sit in the warm water until it cools down. This step should take about 20 to 30 minutes.
This method will undoubtedly rid the bottles of any bacteria or residue that may have been harmful to your baby.
Method 2: Cleaning the bottles by hand
We always recommend that opting for method one will be convenient and more accessible for the moms since it gives time for them to do other stuff, or if nothing else, it can give you a break from being on your toes all day.
But if you feel the bottles need extra cleansing and you want to clean the bottles yourself then here are a few steps to follow:
- Similar to method 1, you will disassemble the bottle to make sure all components are separated and can be thoroughly cleaned
- Rinse all the components under tap water to make sure that the hard residue of the dry milk is out and ready to be properly cleaned
- Once you have rinsed all the components, fill the sink with hot water and mix in some detergent.
- You can use a sponge, but we recommend using Dr. Brown’s bottle cleaning brush to get into those hard-to-clean spots that a sponge simply cannot do.
- Let the bottles soak in the water for a while and then drain the water.
- Turn on the tap and give the entire bottle components a final clean.
- Once this is done, put the components on a dry cloth to dry the bottles and be used again.
Choose whichever method is convenient and more accessible for you because we guarantee that all methods will ensure that the Dr. Brown bottles are clean and fresh to be used again.
Accesories to Buy With Dr. Brown Bottles for Cleaning
- Dishwasher basket is the first item we recommend to all those who have dishwashers in their home and want to clean their Dr. Brown bottles through the dishwashing method. Since Dr. Brown bottles have many components, they need to be placed in a secure basket so they do not fall off the dishwashing rack and get damaged. The Dishwasher basket will keep the components secured, and because the basket has gaps, it will still allow water to seep through to clean it properly.
- Dr. Brown’s baby bottle brush is another essential item because while a sponge will also do the job, it might be difficult considering that sometimes it is hard to clean the inside of the bottles with a mere sponge, which is strictly why using a baby bottle brush will ensure proper cleaning
- Folding drying rack is another ideal accessory that we recommend should be used because plastic bottles cannot get fully dry even if they were cleaned using the dishwasher, so once they are cleaned, regardless of what method is used, placing the bottles on this drying rack will ease the drying process without you worrying about getting the bottles dirty again.